« PREVIOUS STORYNEXT STORY »
Rate this story
(16 votes)

Where Are They Now? -- Kristy McNichol

Posted 6 years ago by NewsHound
Credit: tv.msn.com
Category: General
Related Content: General News (WDW Category)

Where Are They Now? -- Kristy McNichol

Then: The winsome, dead-serious young McNichol shot to stardom in the acclaimed drama "Family," which first aired in 1976, as the just-hitting-puberty Buddy. McNichol`s performances were compelling enough to earn her two Best Supporting Actress Emmy awards ... moreduring the run of the show (not to mention a Kristy McNichol doll). She starred in a few films during her peak, and went on to co-star in "Empty Nest" in the late `80s.

Now: McNichol struggled with bipolar disorder during the height of her fame, and in fact left "Empty Nest"...

Read the full story at tv.msn.com

This story was posted by:

NewsHound
NewsHound
Created on 02 August 2008
(6 years ago)

Level:
Chief Editor

Points:
852,774

Location:
Vernon, United States

Saved as a favorite by:

No records found.

Post a comment:

Your Name
Login or Join to avoid entering this info

Your Email
This will not appear on the site

DISCLAIMER
You are solely responsible for the comments and other content that you post. Who's Dated Who? accepts no responsibility whatsoever in connection with or arising from such content.

Posted by Mark Mitchell
yrs ago
You will never find an actress like Kristy, she has that special talent, i grew up admireing her and miss her very much.

Posted by Kelly
yrs ago
Kristy you're the best! I had a drama coach in the 70's that worshiped you! He always said you had talent and you could cry on cue. I wish you the best!!

Posted by David Haynes
yrs ago
Love you Millions Kristy! I will always be a fan. I miss you, your a wonderfull actress. Email me!! Love Dave

Posted by Doris
yrs ago
I admire Kristy McNichol. I grew up watching her and miss her. I remember cutting school with my friends so go home and watch Little Darlings, was an awesome movie then and still is today. I know she is taking care of herself which is great but the selfish side of me would love to see her again. God bless you Kristy.

Posted by Malcolm Armstrong
Thanks Kristy.

Posted by denise
yrs ago
i loved kristy i am 50 and watched everything is was in . i hope she `s well and she knows she`s missed and as long as she happy she sure deserves it worked many years,

Posted by Karen Micklas
yrs ago
I have grown up loving and watching Kristy and all through Jr. high and High school always said I looked like her. So many photos I have resemble her. I always thought that was pretty cool.

Posted by Boyd Race
yrs ago
I have ben a fin 4 a loge time if u r in columbus ohio i wood love to see u i,we all miss you

Posted by Ralf Faber
yrs ago
since 1976 ireally love kristy. She is the most beautifull girl/woman of the world. here eyes looks like diamonds and her laughing.... i smelling. oh i wish to having a day with Kristy for the rest of my life

Posted by aj
yrs ago
I loved to watch kristy on family and empty nest and I especially loved watching her win the emmy`s. She is a true talent. I wish she would come out of retirement. I love your new video of your life. Awesome!!!

Posted by Frank
yrs ago
Wow, I had such a crush on Kristy. I wish her the best. Keep your wonderful smile.

Posted by Kris
yrs ago
I understand very well what Kristy has battled. It is so hard. Wish she had met me. Some things you just know in life and I can only say, I hope we meet some day.

Posted by tabby
yrs ago
Wow, I really miss Krisy. She would have been an A list actor and was so tallented. So sorry she had so many problems with depression

What do you think about this story?

« PREVIOUS STORYNEXT STORY »
Who's Dated Who? content is contributed and edited by our readers. You are most welcome to update, correct or add information to this page. Update Information

Join Now

Register to update information, save favorites, post photos, news stories and comments.

Already A Member?