The accident that killed Irish rugby player Nevin Spence, his father and brother came about after the family dog fell into a slurry pit on their farm, it has emerged.
The three men drowned in the slurry tank on their family farm in Hillsborough, County Down, on Saturday evening.
Family members have since explained that father Noel fell into the tank while trying to save his pet dog, with his two sons killed while trying to rescue their dad.
All three were overcome by toxic fumes in the incident, with sister Emma - who was present at the accident - also suffering from fume inhalation.
Emma Spence has since been released from hospital.
Grieving family members said in a statement released by their church: "The families of Noel, Graham and Nevin Spence...
Register to update information, save favorites, post photos, news stories and comments.